Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sweet & Sour Pork

Several weeks ago I prepared six thick pork cutlets, we ate three for dinner and I froze three for a later date.  This morning, I took the three cutlets out of the freezer and placed them in the refrigerator to defrost.  Twenty minutes before dinner, I cut the thick pork cutlets into one inch cubes, washed and sliced mushrooms and opened a can of pineapple tidbits.  I tossed all three into my electric skillet and whipped up a homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce to add to the mix.  In the meantime, I also reheated last night’s rice and made a Caesar Salad.  And there you have it…dinner in less than 20 minutes!  My family raved over the sauce and you will too!  Enjoy!

Joelle’s Sweet & Sour Sauce
Mix the following:  (then I added it to my pork, pineapple and mushrooms)
·         ¼ cup ketchup
·         1/3 cup pineapple juice
·         ½ cup white sugar
·         ¼ cup white vinegar
·         1 teaspoon soy sauce
Cook over medium heat till sugar dissolves and mixture boils.  Add a little corn starch and water if needed.   Makes 1 cup of sauce, great for chicken, pork or dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment