Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pot Luck Beef Stroganoff

I know some of you have tried my Tri Tip Beef Stroganoff and loved it.  I’m so pleased to share this easy rendition of that very same recipe.  It works great for large crowds.
Mix the following four ingredients together and pour into a crock pot or skillet.
1.       1 can of cream of celery soup
2.       1 can of French onion soup
3.       ½ carton of sour cream
4.       A splash of Kitchen Bouquet
Add  fresh or defrosted (previously frozen) meatballs.  In a crock pot, cook on high for at least two hours.  In a skillet cover and cook until heated completely through.  Personally, I like to use the crock pot and I heat both the meatballs and the sauce before adding them to the crock pot.
Thirty minutes before serving, boil one package of wide egg noodles, drain and place in a 9x13 dish.  Top with the heated meatballs and sauce.   
Sometimes when I’m bringing this dish to a party I have the luxury of being able to plug in the crock pot and let the guests dish up their own noodles and meatballs, but if it’s outdoors or space doesn’t really allow for both the crock pot and a dish of egg noodles, I simple spoon the meatballs over the noodles and bring that to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment