Monday, May 30, 2011

Filet Mignon

Tonight my husband and I enjoyed a treat ~ Filet Mignon. He cooked the steak to perfection on the grill while I prepared homemade Sweet Potato Fries. That along with a fresh garden salad made a perfect meal. Here is my tried and true recipe for Sweet Potato Fries


Sweet Potato Fries
Serving two:
Peel and slice one large Sweet Potato (I like to use my crinkle cutter).
Place the sliced potatoes in a microwave dish, add 2 tablespoons of water and cook on high for 5 minutes. Drain the water from the dish. Toss the semi-cooked potatoes (in a brown paper sack) with 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning, ½ teaspoon of lemon pepper, a pinch of salt and pepper. Then arrange the fries in a single layer on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with olive oil. Bake at 370 degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes until done to your liking. We like to enjoy them with Ranch Dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment